Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

I need to change 5 computers over 2 locations to new computers. I am using POS 10.0 multi

Customer Question

I need to change 5 computers over 2 locations to new computers. I am using POS 10.0 multi store and after I upgrade the computers I will upgrade the POS software to POS 12 multi store.
Category: Financial Software
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am using Quickbooks multi store POS 10.0 and will upgrade to 12.0. Also I need to switch out 5 computers to newer computers. 3 computers are at one location and 2 at another. So I need the steps/procedures involved.
Expert:  QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA PHR replied 1 year ago.
1. For the best installation, all pcs should be using the same operating system. Also, you will not be able to run v10 and v12 concurrently, the switch will have to happen within the same timeframe. You cannot continue with one location on v10 while moving the other to v12. There is no way to move transactions from a small timeframe. 2. Make a back up of your file. 3. Install v12 on Server4. Restore file from Backup.5. Install v12 on networked Workstations, make sure your firewall setting on your Server and Workstations are open for QB 6. Connect to the Company file on the Server. 7. Use the Hardware Setup Wizard to install your peripheral components. So long as your network is setup and functioning properly the upgrade should be very straightforward. Thanks for using JustAnswer! 6.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok that tells me how I can upgrade to v10 to v12, how do I make the computer switch to the 5 new computers and do I do that before or after I upgrade to v12?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like a refund please.