PDtax
PDtax, CPA firm owner
Experience:  Have used almost every software package available.
64119565

I filed by return timely on April 15th, electronically through

Customer Question

I filed by return timely on April 15th, electronically through Tax Act. No refund has been issued. Got mail from IRS about the death of my wife in 2014. I complied with everything they asked for. I also looked at my return and it stated DECEASED in the upper RH corner of 1040, so you folks did it right too.
I cannot obtain any information from the IRS. I expected the money by May 1st, what do I do? ***** *****
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.
Hi from Just Answer. I'm PDtax, an expert at the site, and can assist. We do not work for TaxAct. If you filed electronically, under your social security number, you should be able to check the status of your refund at irs.gov. Here's how: https://sa.www4.irs.gov/irfof/lang/en/irfofgetstatus.jsp is the link to the IRS "Where's My Refund" system. Use your records for the amount of the refund, since you will need that amount, and a few other items, from the return you e-filed. IRS will confirm they received the return, that it is processed, and the status of your refund. This will be the best way to see where IRS is in processing your return. Thanks for asking at Just Answer. Positive feedback is appreciated. I'm PDtax.