Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

I have Quicken 2009 Starter Edition. I use it to record all

Customer Question

I have Quicken 2009 Starter Edition. I use it to record all my Visa and Banking activity, to reconcile my accounts and to generate reports for Income Tax. I am having some problems with the software and know I need to update. (In particular, my most used Visa account no longer appears in my Account listing and I have to go to Overview each time to find and bring up that account. Besides that inconvenience, I cannot do a transfer from my banking accounts to Visa.) If I upgrade, will the new software automatically transfer all and put that Visa in the proper place? I am 85 years old and see no need for any functions other than what I have in the Starter Edition.
***@******.***
Category: Financial Software
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Complete satisfaction will be that new software downloads all my information and puts the Visa Account back in the Account list.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from yo. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your financial software question.
The deluxe version is definitely a better version than the starter edition. Aside from the additional features that you might not use it just works better. The starter edition is meant to get you to like the software but there are usually just enough issues to make you want to upgrade.
That being said.
A. it will carry over your file with all your accounts
B. if there is an issue with downloading you would probably have to fix it in the new addition as well. it probably wont fix itself just by upgrading.
I can fix it for you or show you how in either the starter or the deluxe.
what it sounds like is you have accidentally marked the visa account as hidden.
go to tools / accounts or hit ctr A to bring up the account list
click on the visa account
click edit
under DISPLAY OPTIONS tab
UNCHECK all box's that says hide this account.
I can get you my phone number and even log in remotely to do it for you or fix it if that is not the problem but there is an additional charge