Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

I updated from Quicken Essentials to Quicken 2015 ().

Customer Question

I updated from Quicken Essentials to Quicken 2015 (for Mac). Every time I reboot my computer all the information that I had previously downloaded from my bank and entered details about the transactions into Quicken 2015; all the information is gone when I restart my computer. This has happened three times including this morning. I know its going to happen because I am asked to enter my Quicken Intuit use name and password ***** time after I restart Quicken after restarting my computer. I was never asked in Quicken Essentials to enter a Quicken or Intuit password. Incredibly frustrating and a huge waste of time. I would never have upgraded if I knew this was going to happen. Help would be greatly appreciated.
Category: Financial Software
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why am I require to pay $28.00 when I just purchased the software for $86.00 + and its not working properly? That sounds like a scam and I am not happy about it.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your financial software question.
A. you have to pay for this because we are not quicken. If you would like to speak to quicken you can do so for free. You have to find and fill out a form on their website. They will get back to you eventually from India.
We are a third party website of professionals that will give you better service for a small fee. I live and work in america and i can call you even log into your computer remotely to fix it if necessary
B. Your problem sounds like you are clicking the wrong icon. You are clicking the install icon rather than the program or data file icon
Look for the icon of the DATA FILE in your documents section and click on that to open it.
or
find the quicken icon in the applications folder and click on that to open it