Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

Re: Quickbooks Pro 2011 3-User. Re-Install on New Computer

Customer Question

Re: Quickbooks Pro 2011 3-User. Re-Install on New Computer Windows 7 Pro
I have the 3-User (multi-user) software and license for QuickBooks Pro 2011.
I have it installed on 3 computers (with Win XP). I want to install it on a 4th new computer.
1. QPW Pro 2011 is no longer supported by Intuit; otherwise I would contact them.
(The support team at Intuit helped me install it the first time.)
2. I recall something about the 3-User license only allows you to install it on 3 computers.
Is this correct?
3. How do I proceed to install it on the new Computer (with Windows 7 Pro).?
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Robert M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your financial software question.
1 it can be installed on more than 3 computers but only 3 users can open a file at the same time
2 they may still sell additional licenses for it even though it is not supported anymore
Go to help /manage my license / buy additional seats
http://support.quickbooks.intuit.com/support/pages/inproducthelp/core/qb2k12/contentpackage/core/handshake/hs_buy_seat_phone.html?QBSRequestNoNav=true
To install it on another computer download it from this link
http://support.quickbooks.intuit.com/Support/ProductUpdates.aspx
It should install as long as you have the license number even if you don't purchase an additional license. But you should be able to do that as well as above
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I cannot view complete response.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Only part of your response displays.
Please send full response.
If I understand you, the 3-User license limits one to 3 users but not 3 computers.
I think I have only 2 users. How do I find out how many users I have registered?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I still cannot see the full response, nor did I receive any response to my follow up emails complaining that I could not view the complete answer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Until I can view the response I cannot rate the expert.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Also I will seek reimbursement if response cannot be fully read.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry this was my response.
the number of users is the number that try to access the same company file at the same time.
this is how it is spelled out at intuit
If you purchased a multi-user 5 pack license, you can use this 5 pack license for QuickBooks on up to 5 computers. You may access and use QuickBooks only by the number of specific persons corresponding to the number of user licenses you purchased, with no substitution of such users (for example, if you have a 5 user license pack and you have 10 employees in your company, the original 5 specific persons who were initially provided with access to and use of QuickBooks, are the only persons licensed to use QuickBooks unless you purchase additional licenses). You can install QuickBooks on 1 additional computer above the number of the license(s) you purchased, solely to accompany your software data file, and not for use of QuickBooks by another user. You may place a copy of your software data files on a network for access by licensed users but you are not permitted to network QuickBooks software
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
As I said before - it's the dialog screen of Just Answer which displays your full response for about 5 seconds and then "shrinks" - cutting off the bottom half of your response. Furthermore, I called Intuit with my licensing and installation question and they actually answered me. So I do not need to speak with you. Thanks for the offer.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 2 years ago.
I don't know what to say about that the sight seems to work for most people but its not perfect
I would appreciate if you gave me a good service rating. But if you want a refund please email***@******.***