Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

I have 2015 Quicken Home and Business upgraded from 2010.

Customer Question

I have 2015 Quicken Home and Business upgraded from 2010. When I write a check, it does not put it in the right order in the register, but places it way back in the years before. However, when I just enter a check, it does place it properly in the register. I called the Quicken #, but no return call.
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.
See this from Quicken:I suspect the checks are being sorted by the posting date provided by the financial institution when you downloaded them. To insure the checks appear in order, you need to enter them into the register in the order that you issue them with the appropriate date. For the checks that you've already been downloaded, you can attempt to edit their dates, but if you're really writing 50+ checks a day I don't think you'll be able to get them ordered perfectly without reentering quite a few.
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.
Make sense?