Richard, Financial Specialist
Experience:  IT professional, resolving issues with financial programs.

I have been using Quicken Home & Business 2012 and have just

I have been using Quicken Home & Business 2012 and have just purchased a MacAir Laptop. I was prepared to by Quicken Essentials to work on my Mac, however as it is only able to be bought in the USA I cannot buy it here in Australia. I have decided to use iBank instead.
My first problem is saving Quicken if QIF format. When I go to File-Export, the only options are Addresses and Desktop Super. Conversely if I save a backup the only option is to save it as a data file.
How do I save in Quicken in QIF format?
Thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Quicken Home & Business 2012 does not have the option to export files to QIF format.

I know this is not what you want to hear, but there is no way to export from this to iBank sorry.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

If I cannot use iBank, how can instal Quicken Essentials for Mac and can I transfer my Quicken data to this programme?

Also not possible sorry Malcolm,

the only option is to use Quicken within Windows and open your Quicken Company File.

It is the limitation of the version you have