Richard, Financial Specialist
Experience:  IT professional, resolving issues with financial programs.
32989067

When I open my QuickBooks it act like its loading but never

When I open my QuickBooks it act like its loading but never comes up. I was trying to make sure that all my files were backed up since my last backup date was in April and I know I have backed it up since then. So a woman came to check it out and I think she made it worse. She ran something in the search. I was looking over her shoulders I saw a message pop up that said delete permanently. It was some kind of quick book files now my quickbooks will not open at all
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Which version of Quickbooks is this?

And what error do you now get when you try to open it?

Thank you
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

QuickBooks contractor premier. I don't get a error message it tries to load out and eventually it just shuts itself down

Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Thanks

hold SHIFT down and try to open it, if this does not work, hold CTRL down and then try.

Tell me if it then opens please.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I tried that last night before leaving my office and it still wouldn't open

Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
ok, which version of windows are you running?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Ok I just got off the phone with the woman that looked at my QuickBooks and she said it was the hkeys-classes-root that she went into and deleted out the quick books

Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
ok, but which version of windows are you running?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I have the windows 8

Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Thank you

Can you press the Windows Key + X and click on Control Panel.

Click on Programs, uninstall a program

Click on Quickbooks, click change, then repair.

Once it has completed, restart your computer and tell me if Quickbooks now opens please.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Will my files still be there

Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
yes they will
Richard, Financial Specialist
Experience: IT professional, resolving issues with financial programs.