Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

How can I transfer my QUICKEN for Macs 2004 currently on my

How can I transfer my QUICKEN for Macs 2004 currently on my old computer MAC 10,5.8 to my new computer MAC 10.9. If I upgrade my QUICKEN for Mac 2004 on old computer to QUICKEN for MAC 2007, would that make the data transferrable?

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your financial software question.

Yes but no. There is a new version of 2007 for mac that will work on 10.8 and probably 10.9 though I am not sure it was tested yet. But the reason the older quickens wont run on lion and above is that they needed rosetta and the new one does not

You can purchase the new 2007 on this link

http://quicken.intuit.com/personal-finance-software/quicken-2007-osx-lion.jsp

however there is no official conversion path from 2004 to 2007

You can purchase a copy of 2005 or 2006 for mac on ebay or amazon sometimes but they are getting rare and expensive for this very reason

The other way to do it is to export to a windows copy and then back to mac. I can get you instructions on that if you want them. Its cheaper but a lot harder.