Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.

I have Quicken 2012 on my computer now and and I downloaded

I have Quicken 2012 on my computer now and and I downloaded 2013. The 2013 is just a blank program it did not transfer any of my 2012 data and now I can't seem to get to the 2012 software and the 2013 software is blank. What the heck did I do wrong.??? Cliff

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your financial software question.

Sometimes it just doesn't pick up your files or you missed the selection where it asks if you are a new or returning user or the files were in a different folder than quicken thought they were in. It is very common for it to miss the files. But also very easy to correct.

In the new quicken go to

file menu

select file operations

select find quicken files

it should search the hard drive for quicken data or backup files and give you a list of every data or backup file on the drive. You can open any of them by double clicking on it in the list and you should be able to find the correct one pretty easily.

Please let me know if that works. If it does not work let me know what it found and I will work with you to find the correct one. I don't get paid unless you are happy and give me a good rating so I will work with you until you are happy. :)