Richard, Financial Specialist
Experience:  IT professional, resolving issues with financial programs.

i have a db server error on quickbooks file error code 6130,0.

i have a db server error on quickbooks file
error code 6130,0. The company file does not open
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX X look forward to assisting you.

Can you do the following please

On your keyboard, press Windows + E to open Windows Explorer.

Go to the folder containing your company file on the server.

Locate the transaction log file. It has the same name as your company file, but with a .tlg extension.

Right-click the transaction log file and choose Rename.

Enter a new name, for example companynameOLD.TLG.

Try to open the company data file.

Let me know the results please

Thank you
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Hi Richard

This does not work, shows the same error.

Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
Thanks

Can you download the file doctor please from here

http://dataservices.intuit.com/support/Articles/HOW12723

And run this and this on your company file.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

i ran quickbooks tool doctor, on the company file over the network, and found the following errors.

"

QBCFMonitorService not running on 'badger'.
* QBDBMgrN not running on 'badger'.
* Port number 55353- 'QuickBooks Database Port Service' for QuickBooks 2013 is closed on 'badger'.
* Port number 8019- 'QuickBooks Port Finder Service' is closed on 'badger'.

"

Now i am trying to run the same thing on the local file copied from the server.

will let u know as soon as its done.

thanks

Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
Thank you

The issue is this Badger server and the services not running, plus the ports being closed.

This is what is stopping you from accessing the file.

Is this the main server?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

yes

i guess so.

Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
ok... If it actually is, then that is the issue and someone has corrupted the server.

Any changes made recently, and if you don't know, can you ask somewhere there that does please?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

My question is that i also tried on my local machine, after copying the same files from the server.

it did not give me same errors, but could not repair the company file.

What can be done in this case, as my IT dept does not have any backup,

Is there any way we can recover data, as i have three company file, and as you can guess there are no backups

Please help

Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
Well, I would not guess there are no backups, as you are going to need to get a backup.

And you should have this.

But without backups, you are not going to be able to recover the data if the repair is failing.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

the fact is there is no current backup, so i guess nothing can be done.

Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
This is one of the hard questions to answer, as no, nothing can be done.

I don't want to go into a spiel about how you should always have backups ect... but this is why you need to.

The files can get corrupted, it is not common but it can happen, and you need to always ensure you are creating a backup.

Even if that is manually copying the file somewhere else nightly.

Anything, in order to keep a backup to avoid this.

I am sorry, but without a backup, and with the company file not being repairable, there is nothing that can be done.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Richard, Financial Specialist
Experience: IT professional, resolving issues with financial programs.