Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

I use Quicken 2013 Deluxe Edition, in Parallels, on a MacBook

I use Quicken 2013 Deluxe Edition, in Parallels, on a MacBook Pro. I haven't used it for a few weeks, but have used Quicken for 20+ years. Today the date column is showing as dd.mm.yyyy, but has always been mm/dd/yyyy until now. How do I change it back?

I've looked under preferences, and view, and cannot figure it out.

I'm trying to work with it, but old habits are difficult to change, and I keep losing transactions because I'm entering mm.

HELP!
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Robert M. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your financial software question.

I am pretty sure that quicken picks that up from the windows operating system

Go to control panel / languages and regions and make sure that it is correct there and then restart the quicken and it should pick it up correctly.

Please let me know if it works if it does not I can do more research and attempt to change it on my quicken. But I am pretty sure that it just takes the data format from the way windows has it set and that would be a standard European format. for instance if something changed from US English to UK English in windows you would get that problem but probably not notice it in many other places

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

That was it!

Don't understand how/why it changed, as I only use Parallels for Quicken, never open anything else, and don't remember an update since I last opened either/both.

But now that I know where to change it back, "it's all good" !

THANKS

That's great. If you are happy I would really appreciate if you would give me an excellent rating.

I am dependent on your rating for my status on this site and I do not get paid for my time until you rate me.

Thanks and have a great day

Robert M., Consultant
Experience: 30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.