R. Klein, EA
R. Klein, EA, Accountant
Experience:  A member of the Intuit Ask a Tax Expert team and 10 years as QuickBooks Certified Pro Advisor.
63817126

I have tried to go into Preferences to change the default email

I have tried to go into Preferences to change the default email message but it still appears with "to customer" in the body (see example below). This does NOT appear in preferences in the Send Forms preferences in the edit menu in "Company Preferences" tab. Click the Change default for drop-down arrow and select a form type.
(Optional) Click the drop-down arrows to change the salutation ("Dear," etc.) and the format ( , etc.) of the customer's name. I can't seem to delete this portion

To Customer :

Hi Julie,

Your invoice is attached. Please remit payment at your earliest convenience.

Thank you for your business - we appreciate it very much.

Sincerely
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA PHR replied 1 year ago.

QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA :

QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA :

It looks like you may be using a template that needs editing. Go to customize templates and edit the ones applicable.

Customer:

What template would I be customizing? This is the default email message to send the invoice to the customer?

QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA :

Thanks for using Just Answer! Thank you for taking time to rate my service. Please allow me to provide you with Excellent service and ask any necessary follow ups.

Customer:

you have not helped me - what template is to be edited?

QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA :

You have to edit the email message every time so far as I know unless you select to use a template

Customer:

the steps I sent in my message say to go to Company preferences, etc. Where is there another template to edit for the email message to send invoice?

Customer:

templates are just forms like the actual invoice which I have customized with our company logo but has nothing to do with the sending email message

QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA :

I'm sorry if I misunderstood your question. I believe you are using a version I'm not thoroughly familiar with & so I will opt out to allow another expert to step in. Thank you

Customer:

Quickbooks Pro 2013

Customer:

Is there someone you will pass this question to?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
agent decided to opt out of an answer for me
Expert:  R. Klein, EA replied 1 year ago.
The controls for all email are in the EDIT > PREFERENCES Section

Select SEND FORMS on the left
then Click the TAB on the right side for COMPANY PREFERENCES. It's easy to miss this tab.

Make sure you have INVOICES selected above the "Dear" boxes. Again, easy to miss and easy to change the default for the wrong form. If you are emailing a STATEMENT, the default won't change if you only change the default for the INVOICE.

You must choose either "Dear" or "To" and a name format. I don't see how you can delete this. (although my version is one version old)

You then edit the text below. Be sure to click OK button on the right to save it or it won't be saved.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am back to the default of "Dear Customer" I would prefer to have standard "Hi Julie" since I invoice same person week.

Is that not possible?

The Default is "Dear Firstname Lastname"

Your only choices are: Dear OR To

and FirstName only OR Firstname and Lastname OR Mr./Mrs/Ms LastName

These are the only combinations.

There is no way to use "Hi" as a greeting, other than in the body of the text of the message.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Is there a way to "remove Dear Customer" not friendly greeting? I have have "Hi Julie" in prefences. I have numerous emails going to Julie so will have to edit each email to remove "Dear customer" - not productive.

Deborah

From: XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
To: XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Cc:
Subject: Invoice V101413 from TrainerBox, Inc.

Dear Customer :

Hi Julie,

Sincerely

Deborah:

I understood your question.

There is no way to change this portion of the message automatically.

You may manually edit the comments on each mail before you send it out if you select to send only one mail at a time.

I hope you understand.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I understand that is a limitation of the software. I have some other questions but need to get other work done now. I hope to have you as a consultant again.

Deborah

If we are finished with this topic, kindly provide a positive rating as to my services. Thank you!
R. Klein, EA, Accountant
Experience: A member of the Intuit Ask a Tax Expert team and 10 years as QuickBooks Certified Pro Advisor.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Are you able to "edit" the customer message or do you have to create a new one then make the old one "inactive"?

You can edit the message in the same place - EDIT / PREFERENCES / SEND FORMS / COMPANY PREFERENCES

You can only have one default message. You edit it in the lower section of the dialog window. When you change it here, it is changed universally until you change it again.