MrBargain
MrBargain, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Friendly Neighborhood Geek... Certified Tech, Webmaster, SEO, More! 18+ Years IT Experience
75878118

cannot get into my quickbooks programme it is asking me for

cannot get into my quickbooks programme it is asking me for and ID and Password. since i have the old version it is about 10years since i entered this information into my company books how do I get past this.

MrBargain :

MrBargain :

You are in luck as I have worked with a few people in the past that could not get into their Quickbooks because of the forgotten login details.

• As a last resort, you can purchase the 'Advanced Intuit Password XXXXX Software that does just what it says on the can. I've checked and it will work on the Australian version but it is a bit on the expensive side. Find it here: http://www.elcomsoft.com/ainpr.html

MrBargain :
MrBargain :
MrBargain :

I should note that if you are going to try the paid software, they both have a free demo/trial version that you can install before buying to make sure it will actually work. No sense spending the money if it's not going to work. Most likely the demo would tell you if the solution is available and then ask you to make the purchase in order to continue unlocking your books.

MrBargain :

• This is just a guess, but it has worked for me in the past. Start Quickbooks, and for the password XXXXX leave it blank and click OK.

Customer: I do not have a password XXXXX submit to change it and I don't want to install another program. So what else can I do
MrBargain :

Hi again, did you see option number that I listed? The password XXXXX tool?

MrBargain :

Some details about it: The Automated Password XXXXX Tool is a free, downloadable tool that lets you reset the administrator password XXXXX company files last opened in QuickBooks for Windows.

MrBargain :

Have you had a chance to try either a blank password XXXXX the auto reset tool?

Customer:

went into the one you sugested but it is asking me for a zip code which we dont have in australia

MrBargain :

Let me take a quick look, i'll be right back. Maybe try a using a blank password XXXXX you wait on the off chance that works.

Customer:

just tried using a blank password XXXXX it worked thanks so much i was in alsorts of trouble before i paid the $46. Sue

MrBargain :

Really? You know what Sue, I've been doing this for 18 years now and to be honest I support a lot of Quickbook users. The blank password XXXXX has now worked for me 3 times total.

MrBargain :

3 times out of hundreds of tries... I am happy you go back in.

Customer:

Thanks

MrBargain :

No problem, don't forget to change your password XXXXX away before you exit Quickbooks.