Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your financial software question.
can you send me the report or list the items that show up as negatives ?
My guess would be it is the way you handled the pre pays. ie you applied them as a negative expense when they came due to balance the prepay rather than turning the prepay into a credit memo and then applying that to the invoice.
I do think it has something to do with how I applied the payment/credit memo to the invoice. I am just not sure how to fix it now. I have another customer account the same way. That is why I tried backing out of the transaction, deleting the deposit, deleting the payment received. The negative amounts on the P&L I sent previous are for items that I invoiced the customer in September, they issued a prepay in August.
yes that looks like every pre pay that you did got applied as a negative expense rather than a credit.
what you need to do is accept the pre pay as a credit memo giving them an open credit.
then just apply that credit when you create the invoice the same way you would apply a check if they handed you one after they got the invoice.
I think in this case you have to redo the entire invoice but there might be some people here that are more experienced in day to day working of quickbooks than I am. I come from the computer end and I am more specialized in when the program isn't working at all rather than how to adjust accounts in a working program. I have some knowledge of it so I can point you in the right direction but somebody else can be a lot more detailed and might know a better way to do it. or at least easier.
This post from quickbooks shows how it should be done as far as the future. But I know of no way to convert what you do have other than deleting them and starting over.