Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

When i try to add a 529 account to Quicken, Quicken gives me

Customer Question

When i try to add a 529 account to Quicken, Quicken gives me the following error message:
"Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault). Quicken is having trouble connecting to R. Rowe Price."

I was able to set up four other T Rowe Price Accounts - the were not 529's, though.

Any ideas why this is happening? I have the correct password XXXXX sign-in as I am able to sign in directly to T Rowe Price.
Thanks,
Dennis
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Robert M. replied 3 years ago.

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your financial software question.

It might be something with the T Rowe system that those accounts are not set up for quicken correctly. Its even possible that there is just a glitch in the internet or with quickens servers that is stopping the request from getting to them.

I would honestly just wait a day and then contact T rowe and see if they know of any reason that account would not work with quicken. If it is a quicken problem I can help you with it. But if they have something set wrong I cant do anything to help you and it sounds like it might be them. So I would check with them first and let them at least tell you "no, it should be fine others are able to do it"

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I will try that. I tried calling Price's technical line but they are closed. It seems strange since the other accounts set up with no issues. I will let you know what I find out.

Expert:  Robert M. replied 3 years ago.
ok please let me know. if it is working for other people it should work for you and I can help you if quicken is having an issue
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I spoke with T Rowe Price. Just so you and other knows, the 529 Plans cannot be downloaded to Quicken, as T Rowe Price only manages the plans but they are not their plans.

Also, in case someone ever asks, SIT Mutual Funds cannot be downloaded to Quicken either.

Dennis

Expert:  Robert M. replied 3 years ago.

Sorry about that. But I guess there is nothing I can do about that. It was a decision made by the financial institution not to support quicken.

You might be able to go to the website and download a quicken web connect file that you can then import into quicken. Some websites have the facility for that even when they wont support the direct connect from within the quicken program.

I am sorry that I could not help you further but I believe that was the first thing I suggested was the company did not support it.

I get paid based on your rating so if you do think that I gave you an accurate professional answer I would appreciate if you would give me a good rating

thank you.