Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.

Hi, I had to get a new cpu and Ive been trying to reinstall

Customer Question

I had to get a new cpu and I've been trying to reinstall QB2010 on it. I get the message "fatal error 1603 (1605?)" each time.
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Jeremy replied 3 years ago.
Hi my name isXXXXX would like to assist you with your question. I am an expert here on in the computer field.

How are you doing today?

Do you know which operating system the new computer has? Windows 7, Windows 8, etc?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm fine. The cpu has W8.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 3 years ago.

Windows 8 list Quickbooks 2013 as the only version that is "supposed" to run on it. However I like a good challenge.

Would you mind if I remotely share your screen to take a look at what's going on? If that's okay:

Click the above link, A download should begin. If it asks at the bottom if you want to run or save choose Run

This will open the Application. When it open a 9 digit number will be at the top (should look similar to this format(NNN) NNN-NNNN

Reply to me with the 9 digit number

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't mind. Do I need to be signed in to the QB download page first?

Expert:  Jeremy replied 3 years ago.
No you wont have to be mrs. Betty. We can go there once I connect in
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't have a clue about what I'm supposed to do now. The number is 155-675-285.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Betty :) I am connected now, it should be asking permission to control. Click Allow on that
Expert:  Jeremy replied 3 years ago.
Sorry I seem to have lost you after the removal. Can you re-download from the link above (or click on the desktop if it's there) and reply with the new 9 digit number so I can reconnect

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here