Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.

In planning and budget I have lost all information for 2013.

Customer Question

In planning and budget I have lost all information for 2013. What can I do to find it? I am using Quicken 2007.
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Robert M. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your financial software question.

What happened when you tried to restore the file ?

It is also possible to have multiple budgets in quicken. You may have added a budget by accident and pulled it up as the last budget used.

when you pull up the budget there should be a drop down menu that has the name of the budget. It may just say my budget or budget 1 or something like that. click on that box and see if there is another choice in there that you can select.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I tried File Restore. It replied File Restored Successfully and brings up a different year with wrong figures for 2013.

I was using the 2013 Budget and entering Sept figures when the program

suddenly changedd the date to 2008 and the budget for 2013 was lost.

Under Find Quicken Files this budget cannot be found.

I get an error message when trying Quicken Personal Finance Software Help saying Script Error. Error: Access is denied

You may be best off with your original file

the budget is part of the file it wont be a separate entity in the find quicken files routine

go to file / file operations / validate file

that should straighten it out if the file got misindexed.

I would also try pulling the budget up and making sure that it is showing 2013 and that the correct budget is listed in the budget name dropdown box

both the name and the dates should be in drop down boxes across the top of the budget page.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Budget year at top is 2013 but figures are 000

Validating QDF file says missing account info

QEL could not be copied so it wasn't validated

that may be your missing account info. If so you have no choice but to put it in again or try to find a more recent backup to use.

are you sure that you have the correct budget up? this is from a 2012 version so it might be in a slightly different place but there should be a place to select which budget

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

We are very tired now so we will reply tomorrow

that would be just great as I am about to head off for the day.

talk to you tomorrow.