Nick, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  C#, Java, PHP, JavaScript. Let's solve some cool problems.

We need help with configuring our in-house developed a web

Customer Question

We need help with configuring our in-house developed a web based inventory and ordering program written in PHP with newly purchased QuickBooks Premier 2013 desktop version. We installed QB with no problem but now during configuration we are getting the error in authenticating the apps in web connector. The Intuit sent us the following link for help but that didn’t work either:

We are getting the error in authenticating the apps in web connector. The following is the latest error log:

20131004.14:06:29 UTC : QWCReader.ParseQWC() : Contents of QWC file: -

A short description for WCWebService1
[email protected]

20131004.14:06:29 UTC : QBWebConnector.WebServiceManager.ReadQWC(QWCReader QWC) : Parsing application configuration xml file to load its content to variables
20131004.14:06:34 UTC : : QBWC1048: QuickBooks Web Connector could not verify the web application server certificate.

Certificate URL:
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at QBWebConnector.QWCReader.CheckCertURL()

Message (description of the exception):
The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.

Source (name of application or object that caused the exception):

TargetSite (method that threw the exception):
System.Net.WebResponse GetResponse()

20131004.14:06:36 UTC : QBWebConnector.WebServiceManager.ReadQWC(QWCReader QWC) : QBWC1048: QuickBooks Web Connector could not verify the web application server certificate.

QBWC1051: The new application was not added
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Lindie, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am still waiting to get help. Thanks.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Expert:  Nick replied 3 years ago.
Please give the following instructions a try and let me know if you encounter any issues:

To get this SSL certificate to work with the QuickBooks Web Connector, you must import the certificate (and possibly the CA certificate) into Windows/Internet Explorer.

To test if your certificate is working correctly and will play nice with the Web Connector, visit the https:// URL you're using in *Internet Explorer*. Firefox or another browser *will not help you test*, you must use Internet Explorer.(

===== Internet Explorer 9/8 =====

When you visit the site for the first time, you'll get a page that says "There is a problem with this website's security certificate."

Click on the red shield that says "Continue to this website (not recommended)."

Once you see the site, the address bar should be red. Click on the red X and choose "View Certificates", then choose "Install Certificate."

In the Certificate Import Wizard, click Next.

Choose "Place all certificates in the following store"

Click "Browse"

Select "Trusted Root Certification Authorities" and click OK.

Click "Next", then "Finish", then "Yes" in the pop-up window.

IE9 and IE8 tested on Windows 7
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Using IE8 on a Windows 7 machine. According to your instruction, tried to go to but got the following erorr:

HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error

The page cannot be displayed because an internal server error has occurred.

This error means that there was a problem while processing the request. The request was received by the Web server, but during processing a fatal error occurred, causing the 500 error.

Expert:  Nick replied 3 years ago.

Your question is going to require a software developer to evaluate and perhaps remote desktop, and will probably take several hours to resolve. Are you able to contact your vendor for support? I could do the work, but this site has a policy against using remote desktop.