Richard, Financial Specialist
Experience:  IT professional, resolving issues with financial programs.
32989067

Downloaded WRONG SYSTEM. Need system for my mac. Downloaded

Downloaded WRONG SYSTEM. Need system for my mac. Downloaded Windows system
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me for which program you are referring to please?

thank you
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Quicken 2013 Starter Edition Win

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
Thank you Martha

You should be able to download the MAC version (unless you specifically bought the windows version).

Sign in to your Quicken account by Clicking Here.

Once you've signed in, click Downloads & Unlocks on the left side of the screen.

Click Download next to the product you want to download (the Mac Version).

It should then download the Mac version for you.

Let me know the results please

Thank you
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

No I accidentally downloaded the Windows edition. It would not open when I tried saying it was for Windows only. I know I should have downloaded the Mac version and I thought I did. Must have just clicked the wrong box.

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
yes you did, but I see nothing in your message of doing my last instructions?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

No I did try to open it but it said that it would only open on Windows

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
That was not my instructions Martha

I will repeat them

Let me know the results please

Thank you
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

did I tell you that I already paid for the Windows version? sorry to be so slow to respond to your directions but I have made so many mistakes with this I am trying not to be so impulsive.

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
No you did not Martha

But can you just follow my instructions and tell me if you see the Mac version also there to download.

I asked a few times now, but if your not willing to do my instructions, let me know.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

ok here I go

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
Thanks
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Had a screwed up Quicken account. By the time I straightened that out I had lost you

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
I am still here, so you never lost me

Where you able to log in?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I can try now. Had to make a new name and password

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
No, you cannot make a new account, you need to sign into the account you made when you pruchased the software

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Thanks so much for your help. I have given up for now. You have helped me see some of my errors. I will be more patient next time.

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
ok Martha

you just need to log into your original account and download the MAC version.

Thats all that is needed to do.

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Richard, Financial Specialist
Experience: IT professional, resolving issues with financial programs.