Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.

I am looking at the response you gave to the problem with quickbooks

Customer Question

I am looking at the response you gave to the problem with quickbooks changing the mode. I have checked everything. I have one computer that no matter what I do if it is opened from the company screen that shows the list of companies it opens on his computer in single user causing multiple issues. I have tried to delete his shortcut and open it again when selecting the company from the directory it has a check mark to open in single or multi and I check the multi but then the next time he clicks on his shortcut and it brings up the quickbooks list to select the company if he is the first one logging in it switches to single again. I logged in from that computer with other user names and the same thing happens. is there anything else I can look for - this just started happening recently
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Robert M. replied 3 years ago.

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your financial software question.

on his computer open quickbooks with his login

• Go to the File menu, choose Utilities, and then click Host multi-user access.

that should stay there so that when he opens a file if nobody else has it open he will automatically host it

If that doesn't work we can look at some other settings.