Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

i am trying to unreconcile a credit card account on quicken.

Customer Question

i am trying to unreconcile a credit card account on quicken. i had someone reconcile the account but it's not balancing so I want to go back a few months until i can figure when it reconciled and then move forwrd can you help?

I was sent a new passcode and it is not working. I don't see how I request another one. I can't stand those codes... it's hard to decipher them and my eyes aren't that bad. Can you help?

Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Robert M. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your financial software question.

what is asking for a passcode ? quicken doesn't usually ask for a passcode for a reconcile. Your banking institution might require one if you are reconciling against an online balance.

you can manually reconcile or un reconcile by just clicking on the check mark where it show reconciled.

it might be easiest to go over them one entry at a time against your paper statement.

You should also make sure that the register is sorted in date order if you want the running balance to be correct,

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks. The password wasn't for quicken
Just answer. So, it looks like the account was recociled until 11/11 but the figure don't agree. If I go and just uncheck thSt last entire statement it will unreconcilw without creating more problems. Do I have to unreconcile one at a time. I certainly don't want o lose any of the truncations and figures already input in quicken.

Also, quicken doesn't atomically show the last statement reconciled so it hard to match the statement to the account.

I think that you can highlight them all and right click and get an unreconcile but I am not actually sure with out trying it. you might have to do them one at a time.

the way to tell when it was reconciled is using the dates on the statement.

pick a date where the ending balance was correct on the statement or if you can go to the banks website that might be a little easier.

then you can go over them manually going forward. Just run down the list on the statement and the register and see if something doesn't match.