Richard, Financial Specialist
Experience:  IT professional, resolving issues with financial programs.

Hi, I have this very problem and followed the directions you

Customer Question

I have this very problem and followed the directions you provided but am still having difficulty sending from quickbooks.
http://www.justanswer.com/computer/5jyxm-hi-trying-email-invoices-quickbooks-pro-2011-2012.html
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Robert M. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your financial software question.

what email program are you using ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

hi there,

Windows Live Mail but its Quickbooks 12/13 if that hellps
Meg

quickbooks won't use windows live mail. It was supposed to do so at one time but it never worked right and they finally gave up and just say it doesn't work.

http://support.quickbooks.intuit.com/support/articles/HOW13776

Email overview

You can email forms and reports directly from QuickBooks using:

• Outlook

• Outlook Express

• Thunderbird

• web mail services such as Yahoo! Mail, Gmail, and Hotmail

• QuickBooks E-mail

Note: QuickBooks E-mail is available only to certain QuickBooks users.

QuickBooks E-mail is only available to users who subscribe to 1 or more of these services:

• QuickBooks Payroll

• Intuit Merchant Services

• Accountant's Copy File Transfer

• QuickBooks Enterprise Full Service Plan

• QuickBooks Billing Solutions

• QuickBooks Pro Plus and Premier Plus

If you can use one of those programs I can help you set it up for you. If you have a pro plus or premier plus or one of the other supported versions from 2010 or newer you can use the quickbooks email program within quickbooks.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

ok, maybe it isn't live mail then. I work with another email that is provided by a private company here in Aus. perhaps it has been using this as the default sending mode?? It has been working for many years, until this week. are you able to help with this mail provider?
Meg

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
My problem is not fixed
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is XXXXXXX XXX I look forward to assisting you.

What is the error message you are receiving when trying to post via email?

Thank you
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

(MAPI error code 00000000 (0) at line 535 in sendemail.cpp)

Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Can I log on and look please on the connected computer?

It is easier to work with you on this. You can see and control everything I do

Go to www.joinme.com

Click START MEETING

It will download a program to your computer

Run the program by double clicking it, and it will give you a set of 9 numbers

Give me the numbers at the top of the screen (exaple: 456-789-123) in your message to me here please

Thank you
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

194-554-460

Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
connected

Please give me access in Joinme

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

richard,

it did not work

Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
ok, when was the last time you could email via windows live mail in QB?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I last sent a tax invoice via QB on 24/9/13

Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Thanks

I want you to do a system restore please

Click Start, type in System Restore and press enter.

Follow the onscreen instructions to perform a system restore, choosing a date before the 24th (when it last worked).

When it has completed, try to email an invoice within QB and let me know the results please.

Thank you
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Can you tell me what will happen to excel files, other correspondence, any work done in QB?

Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Nothing at all, this will only affect windows system files, it does not touch any of your files at all.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

thanks

Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Your welcome

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

No go,

Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
ok, then we need to do a reinstallation of Windows Live Mail

Before we do, are all the emails still on the e mail server?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

yes,

Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
ok, then we can do the reinstallation.

Please click start, control panel. programs, uninstall a program.

Click on Windows Live Essentials and uninstall it.

Once done, restart the computer.

then click on my link below and reinstall Windows Live Essentials (which includes windows live mail).

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/essentials

Then open Windows Live Mail, configure it for your email account then restart the computer.

Test and let me know if you can then email an invoice please.

thank you
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

you know I have been trying to find my email settings and I couldn't. I have absolutely no clue why I can't find that info

Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Which email service are you using?

What is the part of your email address AFTER the @ symbol?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I hink I found the info, but I am not sure of pass word now.

@mountainviewwindows.com.au

Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
ok, you would need to get the password XXXX whoever hosts the email service for you, as this is custom to you.

Are you able to contact them?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

not at the moment, it is past business hours- I am very sorry about this whole stuff up. You are very patient.

Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Its no problem

We need the password XX continue, so when they are open again, get this, complete my instructions and let me know the results.

tomorrow is no problem.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

thanks kindly

Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Your most welcome.

Have a great night!