Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

Evert time I open Peachtree 2011 I get a script error:line

Customer Question

Evert time I open Peachtree 2011 I get a script error:
line 2
char 1
unable to get value of the property "appobj" object is null or undefined
code 0
file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Sage%DANGEROUS URL REMOVED

windows version Windows 7 home premium
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Michelle replied 11 months ago.

Michelle :

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

Michelle :

The problem is due to a bug in the software.

Customer :

I already made an update

Michelle :

do you have the peachtree software disk with you.

Customer :

yes

Michelle :

you will have to uninstall the software from your computer and after you uninstall restart the computer to reinstall it back

Michelle :

backup all your peachtree data on a seperate folder or a drive so that you dont loose any data

Customer :

but I already have a customer ID an registration

Customer :

is a 5 user license, wont unistalling and reinstalling affect?

Customer :

btw way, the shortcut created by the program didn't worked. I have to change the target file

Customer :

shortcut created, was in a form like the old 8.3 system

Customer :

where you have the c:\programs~2\ something like that

Michelle :

as i said its a bug in the software you will have to uninstall the software first and then restart the computer and after restart reinstall the software from the location where is located

Michelle :

you must be knowing the location.

Customer :

wont it affect my licenses?

Customer :

yes, when I find the location of the correct exe file, and use it , it run. but not the "whats new"

Customer :

this is an example of the windows error I am getting

Michelle :

take a screenshot and then post i cannot see the link you attached

Customer :

ok

Customer :

sorry, I lost you

Michelle :

can i do a screen sharing and check the location

Customer :

Full Size Image

Customer :

first error message

Michelle :

you have to check with your network admin to know the correct location then you can click on browse to select the correct path and install peachtree.

Michelle :

once installation is complete run the update fro here

Michelle :

Click here

Customer :

Full Size Image

Customer :

no network, this is a stand alone laptop

Michelle :

can i do a screen sharing

Customer :

yes

Customer :

but you have to tell me how to do it

Michelle :

i will give you a link to click and run

Customer :

ok

Customer :

done

Michelle :

getting connected now

Customer :

k

Michelle :

connected

Michelle :

you can ask here if you have any question

Customer :

this expert really tried for a long time, great effort, however I ended up with the same problem.

Michelle :

you can give me the error message you get on opening the file again i will look into it again tomorrow

Customer :

the same error you have in your log as the problem I contacted you. Is in the left side windows.

Customer :

but I will copy and paste it here

Customer :

Evert time I open Peachtree 2011 I get a script error: line 2 char 1 unable to get value of the property "appobj" object is null or undefined code 0 file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Sage%DANGEROUS URL REMOVED windows version Windows 7 home premium

Customer :

I think the problem is Peachtree cannot find files. The same thing that happened with the .exe program

Customer :

maybe is a configuration of windows 7

Customer :

simply windows 7 apparently is configure in a way that does not support the format c: program%20files20(x86)sage%20... blah blah blah

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Told you I installed the program several times, still you wanted to reinstall again.

just received the same answers I received after googling the problem.

Why pay for thing I already know, did, or found in the internet?

let me know when you have time i will look into the error.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Sorry, I was really tired and got upset. When you will be online again?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Another of you experts tied it. made me uninstall Peachtree and Norton 360

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

online now?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Have time now

please provide a date time with time zone when you can be online.