Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.

I have Quickien Deluxe 2009. I have just switched computers

I have Quickien Deluxe 2009. I have just switched computers with an operating system of Windows XP Professional to Windows 7 Professional. My data is in the computer and also on a thumb drive. However, when I try to open Quicken, none of the data comes out and the message for open or restore file says: No items match your search.

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your financial software question.

Copy the file that ends with .QDF to the documents folder on the new computer

then go to file / open

BROWSE to documents folder and open it

or go to file / file operations / find quicken files and select it from the list

You should really consider upgrading to the 2013 version. The 2009 version is not compatible with windows 7. It will probably run but not print.

You can get a good discount on it by going to

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have tried what you suggested and nothing works. I keep getting the message that no files match. Do you think this will be resolved if I get Quicken 2013?

well it might help and would certainly help with future problems but with that message it sounds more likely that you did not copy the correct file to the usb drive

have you still got your old computer with the quicken running on it ?

open the quicken on that and go to

file / save a copy as

browse the usb drive and save it directly to the usb drive with a new name

move the usb drive to the new computer and copy that file. it should end with .QDF

to the hard drive in a folder where you can locate it easily

then go to file / open in the new version and browse to the folder where you saved it.

make sure that you are going to file / open not restore

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your help. My computer tech is coming in on Monday and I will have him reconnect my old computer and follow your suggestions.In the meantime I will buy Quicken Deluxe 2013.

ok. It is possible the 2013 will solve the problem. It has the "find all quicken files" option on it.