Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

TurboTax 2010: I cannot print a tax return since I installed

Customer Question

TurboTax 2010: I cannot print a tax return since I installed TT 2012. I get an error message re: 2012 needs to be configured and a network resource is unavailable. Intuit is closed and I am wanting to complete this return ASAP. Can someone please help?
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your financial software question.

are you using the 2012 software to do the 2010 return or the 2010 software?

my advice would be to uninstall the 2012 and the 2010

then re install the 2010 software. open the return and print it.

A faster work around if you can do it is to save the return as a pdf file. Then just open the pdf file and print it directly rather than through turbo tax

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My understanding is that there are 2 returns, a complete return and a summary return that gets filed with CRA (I have to paper file). The PDF must only be one of these 2. Which is it?

Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

no you can save either of those as a pdf.

when you go to save as pdf it will give you a choice of whether you want the return only or the return and all backup information

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I found a way to get the printing working while I was awaiting your response. Thank ytou for your suggestions.

Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

you are very welcome. If you are happy I am happy. I hope you will give me a good rating as that affects my standing on the site and allows me to be paid for my time

thank you

Robert M., Consultant
Experience: 30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.