Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

Premier Accountant Edition 2012 Customer Centre is blank/will

Premier Accountant Edition 2012 Customer Centre is blank/will not open for one company. It does open in others. Rebuild does not solve this. Customer list, receivable reports seem fine.

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your financial software question.

Probably you are going to have to load a backup copy. It sounds like one of the sections of the data file is corrupt.

You can try the downloadable standalone repair tool but if that wont do it I would suggest restoring a backup as your best alternative

You can download it from this page

http://support.quickbooks.intuit.com/support/articles/HOW12723

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The data files were OK. I was trying different things and fixed my problem. Under the View menu the multiple windows option was selected. I selected the One Window option and presto. There it was!! I do not know why it is only the customer centre window affected by this option.

I don't know. I could only guess that one of the other windows you had open was using some of the data that was needed by the customer center and if it was set as a single user file it probably had no capacity to open the locked portion and was just waiting for it to unlock.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So I have done some further checking in another company and the view setting there is set to multiple windows and the customer centre works fine with other windows, vendor, payroll, etc.

Also in my problem company I tried opening other windows, payroll centre, vendor centre, etc. and all can be open at the same time and display fine, only customer centre is affected and needs to have the one window setting to display correctly. So perhaps it is a data file problem although the integrity check says all is fine. I will not risk running the repair tool and just use the one window option.

As long as you are happy than I am happy. I might make a copy of the file and try the company diagnostic tool on the copy so you have no risk and see what it does.