Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

Im having a problem getting my 2013 register

Customer Question

I'm having a problem getting my 2013 register
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA PHR replied 2 years ago.

QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA :

Hi, My name is Anna & I am here to assist you with your software issue. Which software are you using?

It appears Chat is not functioning. I am still available to assist you further. Thanks. Anna
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm using a Mac Version: 10.6.8

Ok thank you. Mac is the type of computer. What type of financial software are you using that isn't allowing you to see your register?
If you are using QuickBooks software, from your top toolbar Select Lists>Chart of Accounts. From your Chart of Accounts, you can click on the account you are wanting to see the register for. Clicking on the Account will bring up the register.

I hope I have provided you with excellent assistance. If you need additional assistance, please come back to me for future questions. http://www.justanswer.com/finance/expert-foxbizsolutions/

Thank you for taking the time to rate your experience on JustAnswer!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I tried that ... Only one register shows up.. which starts and ends in Jan 1st 2013

First, bc I have had many "hiccups" like this w/ QB for Mac, I would recommend completely shutting down your Mac & rebooting. After a complete shutdown, ReOpen QB and see if the data re-appears. This often resolves the problem.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did just that and nothing new happened

Ok, if rebooting did not restore the information, you will need to restore a backup. This will restore all data entered up to date of the backup. Do you have a recent backup? Locate the backup &follow the QB wizard for restoring your data. It's a simple process but I recommend a new company name for the file so that it is clear you moved to a restored file. Let me know if you need any additional assistance. Thanks! Anna
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What does QB mean?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you but you haven't helped me....i still don't know what QD means

Expert:  Robert M. replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your financial software question.

Are you using quickbooks or Quicken ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm using Quicken

Expert:  Robert M. replied 2 years ago.

Ok

you should be able to click on the banking tab and select the account and it should pull up the register. What happens when you do that ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I get a register that starts & ends in January of 2013

Expert:  Robert M. replied 2 years ago.

try resorting it first.

-Sorting the register-

Click on the account actions button on the top right

select sort / by date

In older versions that option will be under the view menu

Or there is a title bar on top of the register columns that says what is in the columns underneath it. Clicking on anything in that title bar will sort it on that column

If you click right where it has the actual word "Date" above the date column that will sort it on date. Click once to sort one direction twice to sort the other direction.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Bob , I can't see the things that you talking about.. I have a question...can you get into my computer?

Expert:  Robert M. replied 2 years ago.

No I am sorry I am not allowed to do that.

If you are in the register there should be a button that says account actions on the top right. Can you see that ? Click on it and you will see a selection for sort. click that and select by date.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Can you see the picture that I attached to my last reply ?