Richard, Financial Specialist
Experience:  IT professional, resolving issues with financial programs.
32989067

Every time (well, almost) I try to open Quicken 2012 deluxe

Every time (well, almost) I try to open Quicken 2012 deluxe I get a message "Quicken Launcher not responding". If I reopen it enough times it eventually responds, b ut today I can't get in at all. Your suggestion/solution? Thanks
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Can you hold down Shift and with it held down, try to open Quicken.

If it fails, try holding down CTRL and opening Quicken.

Let me know the results please

Thank you
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

shift doesn't work- same thing- not responding. Control brings up "file" which obscures most of the Quicken tool bar.

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
ok, and in File, can you select your Company File Robert?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Not sure what that means, but I can click on file, and several tbhings come up, including "9/23 data (or somethiung like that)

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
You need to find your Company File.

this is your main Quicken File.

Click on one of the files you see and tell me if it opens your data please Robert.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

As I just said in my previous message (before this answer- sorry) I was able to open the Quicken file, but with the same results.

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
ok, I did not see that sorry in any of your messages

Which version of windows are you running?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Windows 7

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
Thanks

Can you close all programs.

Click Start, Control Panel, Programs, Uninstall a Program

Click on Quicken, click Change, then click Repair

Let this complete, then restart the computer and tell me if Quicken now opens please Robert.

Thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

OK, but won't I lose this session if I close and then restart the computer?

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
Yes, but you just return to this webpage Robert and post a message with the results.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

OK

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
thanks
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I may have already sent this, but on the wrong page. I got to "uninstall" but saw no way to "change" or "repair"- only "uninstall", and I don't want to lose my Quicken data.

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
ok, you will need to uninstall and reinstall Robert, but it does not remove your Quicken Data.

Uninstall it, restart the computer.

Reinstall Quicken.

Then open Quicken and you can then open your Company Data file to return your data.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Richard- I uninstalled Quicken and restarted my computer. Now I can't find out how to reinstall it.

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
The same way you initially installed it Robert.

How did you initially purchase and install it?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

via download- I don't have a CD.

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
No problem.

Go to http://quicken.intuit.com/

Log in by clicking Sign in on the top Right.

Once you've signed in, click Downloads & Unlocks on the left side of the screen.

Click Download next to the product and you can download it again Robert.

Then run the file to install.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Better yet, I apparently ordered a 2013 upgrade CD. If I use that it will work just as well-right?

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
No, not if it is just the upgrade, as it upgrades from an already installed version that needs to be there.

try to be sure, but if it is an upgrade CD, youll need the old version installed first.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

OK- I'll get back with results.

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
Thank you
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

By the way, do I have to pay for it again?

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
No, you just download it again, this is the case with any Quicken Product you buy from them online.

Let me know if you have any difficulties please

Thank you
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Got to the site- logged in- went to downloads-unlocks- said there were none- see no way to order rather than pay. Called the custyomer care number shpown on the site, which twice said thanks for calling and then disconnected.

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
You sure you bought it direct from quicken? Not Amazon?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Absolutely- I'm looking at previous ID's and maybe that will do it- I'll let you know.

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Got the right ID- downloading now- will confirm when finished and data located.

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
Thank you.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Successfully downloaded, but when asked which filew to open, the current one doesn't show up. Can't find the current data. I know it showed a date of 9/23/13 eqrlier today when qwe first tried to open the file. What now?

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
Search for it.

It is where you initially saved it when you first made the file.

The file has an extension of

.qdf

And normally you would have named it after your company,

you should know where this file is though Robert, it is one of the most important files you have.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I never named it anything. it was originally downloaded and accepted the data already there with no problem. I don't knjow how or where to search for it. It has to be here somewhere but the list of QDATA entries does not include it.

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
You did, you have to when you very first used Quicken

Can I log on and look please on the connected computer?

It is easier to work with you on this. You can see and control everything I do

Go to www.joinme.com

Click START MEETING

It will download a program to your computer

Run the program by double clicking it, and it will give you a set of 9 numbers

Give me the numbers at the top of the screen (exaple: 456-789-123) in your message to me here please

Thank you
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

There are none. There's a box that asks for it/.

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
There is, you need to follow the instructions exactly as I stated and you will get the numbers

Go to www.joinme.com

Click START MEETING

Thank you
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Sorry-found it 636-310-037

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
Logged on
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
You need to rate, but you would not let go of the mouse so I could take you there, then you just closed Joinme.

Can you rate on this answer please
Richard, Financial Specialist
Experience: IT professional, resolving issues with financial programs.