Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

Just loaded Quickbooks mobile app on my cell phone (not online

Just loaded Quickbooks mobile app on my cell phone (not online version).
I accidently programmed the wrong company file name onto the mobile app.
How do I correct this?
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Robert M. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your computer question.

You should be able to log out and that will get you to the company selection screen where you can add a new company and use that one. I don't believe that there is any way to change the company name "in place"

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I can sign off, but that doesn't allow me to change the company file name.

I uninstalled the app, but when I reinstalled it, it still shows the incorrect name. Any other ideas? Intuit isn't answering their cusotmer service # XXXXX

Not a lot of information out there for it.

Try syncing it to the proper company and see if it gets added

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Hi Robert,

Finally got QB mobile to sync with the right company. Problem is it won't allow me to write more than one invoice at a time ... wants me to sync between each invoice. QB's online actually limits the services on the mobile apps to fewer services than we have now. Any ideas?

That sounds like a setting. Its hard to believe that anybody would find it useful if it forced you to sync before you could do another invoice.

unfortunately I haven't got the app and there isn't much documentation on it. But I would think you can just dismiss the sync command and write another invoice.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I figured it out. Thank you.

You are welcome :)
Robert M., Consultant
Experience: 30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.