Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.

When entering data into the bank register, I have a message

Customer Question

When entering data into the bank register, I have a message that the transaction file is full. So I tried transporting transactions for all but the last 2 yrs.. Thinking all was well, but when I go back into the file and try entering data, I get the same message that it is full. What to do?
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Robert M. replied 6 months ago.

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your financial software question.

are you using quicken ? What version and year ?

modern quickens should not have a limit on the number of transactions if they are normal completed transactions.

Try going to

file / file operations / validate

that might clear it up.

you can also try going to

file / save a copy as

give the file a new name and save it in my documents

then go to

file / open

browse to my documents and open this new file and see if that gives you all of your data with no problems

please let me know if those things work otherwise we can troubleshoot further

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

I use 2007 Quicken. Their is no file operations/validate in the file. I copied the file for all but the past 2 yrs. and when I went into the file, they are still there so I'm back to square 1 and still cannot enter data. Any other suggestions other than buying a new Quicken and transferring current accounts to a new quicken?

Thanks for your timely response and am looking forward to your response. Betsy

are you using the mac version or the windows version ?

have you got any backup files ?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Hello Robert,

I use the Mac not Windows. I have made a copy of Quicken to the desk top and am ready to experiment in that copy . So what next? Betsy

open the copy that you made and see if it has the same issue or not

You can also try doing a reconcile report. There may be downloaded transactions stuck in there,

I am going out for the morning. Just checking in for existing questions. I will be back sometime this afternoon.

Thanks