Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.

Problems with Quicken. Bank America update is not working.

Problems with Quicken. Bank America update is not working. I'm not getting an error message but I haven't received updated account transactions since July. Where do I go on the Bank Am site to correct this problem. Can't seem to find a solution
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Robert M. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your financial software question.

go to edit / preferences

under the register heading on the left click on downloaded transactions

check the box for automatically add to banking

then do the update again.

make sure that your register is set to display all transactions and all dates on the top

make sure that it is sorted by date by clicking the title bar that has the actual word date on it above the date column

If you are getting an error when you try to download follow these instructions to reset the link between quicken and the bank

first go to the bank/financial institution's website
make sure that you can sign in and access the correct account using the id and password XXXXX you have

then open quicken

go to tools / account list

edit account details

under online services tab

click remove from one step update
under details tab

re enter the bank name making sure to select the correct one from the list that quicken provides as you start to type the name. If the bank has more than 1 entry it is impossible to tell which is correct as they dont really relate to anything real. They are how quicken interpreted the names that the bank used internally and supplied them. You just have to try them all.

also check the account and/or routing number

close the box close quicken reboot the computer

open quicken

go to tools / account list

edit account details

under online services tab

click set up one step update / web access

go through all of the prompts to enter they type of account the name of the bank etc

put in the user id and password XXXXX

that redoes the entire quicken connection which seems to work a lot better then just playing with the password

Robert M., Consultant
Experience: 30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.