Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.

I have reloaded quicken 8 onto a new computer several moths

Customer Question

I have reloaded quicken 8 onto a new computer several moths ago. It's registration has now expired and I am unable to re register the program. The serial number of my program is QW8B827681. Mu Customer ID is 78447
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Robert M. replied 3 years ago.

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your financial software question

Is that quicken 2008 ?

that program is out of support and if your new computer has windows 7 or 8 it probably wont print because it is not compatible.

You can try to re register it by going to help / unlock again and going through the steps

But I would recommend that you will have a lot fewer problems if you upgrade to the newest release. You can get a nice discount on it if you go to

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am not interested in upgrading the program, I just want to be able to re-register this one.

Expert:  Robert M. replied 3 years ago.

You should not have to re register it. It is already registered. So what exactly is happening when you install it ?

You may need to unlock it. To do that go to file menu and select unlock again

alternatively you can download a new copy of the same version for free and that should install with no problem

if you downloaded it online you can download a new copy for free if you know the order number or the last 4 digits of the credit card that you used.

you can put that in here and you should get a download link and a new code

otherwise you will have to speak with their live chat and if you can prove that you own it they will give you the code and/or a new download link