Richard, Financial Specialist
Experience:  IT professional, resolving issues with financial programs.
32989067

macbook pro 15 - OSX version 10.8.5 I have virtual box loaded

macbook pro 15 - OSX version 10.8.5
I have virtual box loaded on my mac so that I can use my accounting software (which isn't supported by mac only windows). Virtual box told me I needed to download an update which I did. Now I can't get it to open - showing error message and won't open???
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

What is the error message you receive when you try to open it?

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Error message is as below.... I have downloaded any updates on the www. but this makes no difference????

Runtime error opening '/Users/helen/Documents/VM/WIn XP Helen/WIn XP Helen.vbox' for reading: -102 (File not found.).

/Users/vbox/tinderbox/4.2-mac-rel/src/VBox/Main/src-server/MachineImpl.cpp[725] (nsresult Machine::registeredInit()).

Result Code:

NS_ERROR_FAILURE (0x80004005)

Component:

Machine

Interface:

IMachine {22781af3-1c96-4126-9edf-67a020e0e858}

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Helen

the problem is the file

/Users/helen/Documents/VM/WIn XP Helen/WIn XP Helen.vbox

is missing from the computer, this is why you get the error.

It has either been moved or deleted

Do a search on your computer and look for the file

WIn XP Helen.vbox

Are you able to find it?

Also check in the Trash on the computer

Please let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes I put in a search and found it but it doesn't say where it is and what do I do now???? I double clicked on it to try and o[en it but it would not open?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No it will not open by double clicking it.

Right click on it and select Copy.

Then go to

/Users/helen/Documents/VM/WIn XP Helen

Copy it to the folder

WIn XP Helen

Then restart the computer and try to start the Virtual Box.

Let me know the results please

thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes but where do I find.... /Users/helen/Documents/VM/WIn XP Helen ?

or how do I get to that? i am sorry but I am a new apple users.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ITs ok,

Go to Finder, its the App at the bottom of the screen with the face on it.

Then in Finder, click Go then Go to Folder.

Enter Users

Then keep going till you get to XXXXX

And copy it there.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No I am sorry... I have found the file and can right click and copy but I can't find where I have to paste it to. Can you explain again where to go and where to paste it to please.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can I log on and look please on the connected computer?

It is easier to work with you on this.

Go to www.joinme.com

Click START MEETING

It will download a program to your computer

Run the program by double clicking it, and it will give you a set of 9 numbers

Give me the numbers at the top of the screen (eg: 456-789-123) in your message to me here please

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

code 956-655-656

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Logging on
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Fixed
Richard, Financial Specialist
Experience: IT professional, resolving issues with financial programs.