Richard, Financial Specialist
Experience:  IT professional, resolving issues with financial programs.

I have Quicken 2011. It was purchased for me by a computer

I have Quicken 2011. It was purchased for me by a computer tech i have used in the past and he installed it for me. I use it to connect to my bank accounts at Wells Fargo. I have not used it for over a year so I have had to make re-contact. What I cant do right now is connect to my bank accounts because i am being requested to enter a registration number and I do not have one. Can you help me with this?
Thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

You wont need the registration number, but the user ID and Password XXXXX your bank (to connect to their system).

Do you have this currently? Can you check with your Bank that it is still valid please?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Okay Richard. I hope it works. I do have a user id and password XXXXX my bank, but for some reason it seemed like it wouldn't let me in without my Quicken registration number. I will get back to my Qucken and try what you suggest. I hope it works. If not I'll get back with you. In the meanwhile, I don't believe that I will need a monthly service you offered me for $28 per month after this free consult. So please cancel my sign up for this service. Wish me luck! please.

Ok, good luck Irene.

To cancel the Subscription if you joined, follow the instructions here

Note, to correctly register the bank, you use these steps.

Click on Accounts on the top left side of Quicken, then click on Add Accounts down at the bottom.

Choose the type of account you wish to add (such as Checking or Saving), then click Next.

Pick your financial institution by searching for it or by selecting it from the list below the search box.

Log into your bank by adding your user name and password. You can choose to have Quicken save your password XXXXX you'd like.

Note: If your bank is not on the list or prefer not to download (manually add your account), click on Advanced Setup at the bottom of this screen and follow through the prompts. If you decide to take the route, you will not need to continue with the steps below.

Click the Connect button to download your transactions into Quicken.

Once complete, you can either go directly into Quicken to see these transactions, or repeat the steps above to add more accounts, such as property or investing accounts.

Let me know how you go please.

Thank you