Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

Problem with bank account reconciliation - Quicken 2010 clicked

Problem with bank account reconciliation - Quicken 2010
clicked on Quicken
clicked on account to be reconciled
clicked on actions
clicked on reconcile
entered ending balance
clicked on ok
clicked on clear deposit
system returned to bank account
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your financial software question.

how many transactions did it show to reconcile ?

did you click the ok at the bottom ?

what message did it give you ?

when you look in the register what mark is in the column for cleared/reconciled next to the transactions covered in the month you were reconciling ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

25 payments

5 deposits

did not see ok

no message appeared

Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

There should be a done button on the bottom when you finish marking off the cleared transactions.

Did it look like this ?

graphic

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Reconcile never advanced to this page,

Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

please send me a screen shot of where you got in the reconciliation

Screen shot instructions

hold alt button down hit print screen button release buttons

click start menu / all programs / accesories / paint

click edit / paste

click file / save as

save as a jpg file in my pictures

on the top of this window click the insert button it should be a paper clip to right of the smiley face.

click browse.

click browse in the 2nd window that pops up

browse to the file you just saved in my pictures

click ok

click insert back in the first window

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

ok

now check off all of the ones that cleared or click mark all

and then hit the finished button

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

After clicking the third item the system reverts from the recon page to the account page

Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

go to file / file operations / validate

and validate the file

then try it again

open the register

hit account actions

then reconcile

or try doing it from the tools menu / reconcile an account

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Tried both methods

Was able to get a little farther using tools menu,

After clearing several items, the system reverted back to the account register

Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.
you did not touch anything except clicking on the box where the green check mark goes ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

clicked only in the clr column

Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

if you did the validate and it found nothing wrong with the file than its probably something corrupted in the program files and you would need to re install the quicken program

reinstall the quicken program

Use the following page for instructions and utilities to insure that you get a clean install.

http://quicken.intuit.com/support/help/using-qcleanui-to-uninstall-quicken/GEN82227.html

It should not effect your data but i always recomend making sure that you have a good backup file and even a copy of your data file someplace safe like a flash drive or another folder.

You will need a copy of your original installation cd or download.

If you purchased from Intuit directly you can download again for 3 years.

go to www.quicken.com

click sign in on the top / manage account

sign in with the email address and password XXXXX you used when you purchased it

click on downloads and unlocks

That should give you a list of any intuit product that you purchased online within the last 3 years with a download button.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Would I be better off to purchase and install the latest version of Quicken?

Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.
I don't think it would make much difference.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What is your suggestion?

Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.
My suggestion is to just reload the version that you have. If it works than you can decide if you want to upgrade. But even if you do want to upgrade you are more likely to get a good conversion of your data if you know it is working in the older version rather than hoping a new version will fix a problem that you were having in the older one.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will take your suggestion.

Thank you very much.

You have been extremely helpful.

Send reply and I will give you a happy face!

Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.
thank you I would appreciate that. And I will be here if you need further help even after you rate me. :)
Robert M., Consultant
Experience: 30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.