Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.

One of your

Customer Question

One of your experts completely fouled up my records of Quicken and now I don't know how to put it back on my computer even though I uninstalled a version then downloaded it again from a CD. How can I get it back on going back to January 2012?
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX X look forward to assisting you.

To clarify, is the problem you cannot install Quicken on the computer?

Or that you can install it but your data is missing?

Thank you
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I cannot reinstall Quicken therefore all my data that I have recorded since 2007 cannot be retrieved.

Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
Thank you

Can you tell me what happens when you attempt to install it?

And which version of Quicken is this?

Also, when was it removed from your computer?

Thank you

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I did install Quicken 2013. The problem is difficult to explain but I will try. What I can't retrieve is the backup of all the data I have recorded up to the present date.

Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
So the problem is you cannot find your backup file Josephine?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Yes

Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
ok, when was the last time you backed up?

And did you back up on this computer?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

June 2013 and yes, on this computer. I usually back it up once a month but unfortunately, I did not do it recently. The record of all my backup are listed in my documents.

Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
ok, so you see all your backups from Quicken, in your My documents Josephine?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

They are listed as follows, for example: 20070805_20081123-Copy3 with the date following when it was backed up but when I try to retrieve it, I get an error reply.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Richard,

I will have to connect with you tomorrow because I have an appt. shortly. Thank you for your help so far. What I really need is a person to sit beside me at my computer to fix the problem.

Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
what steps do you take to try to retrieve it?