Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

I cannot set up One Step Update connection for 2 accounts located

Customer Question

I cannot set up One Step Update connection for 2 accounts located at Bank of America. I have tried every step on your help area for the online error CC-501, with no success. I was able to download from the Bk Of America website to Quicken, however, I cannot download through One Step Update. I continue receiving the error code CC-501. Can you help me set up these downloads?
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your financial software question.

first go to the bank/financial institution's website
make sure that you can sign in and access the correct account using the id and password XXXXX you have

then open quicken

go to tools / account list

edit account details

under online services tab

click remove from one step update
under details tab

re enter the bank name making sure to select the correct one from the list that quicken provides as you start to type the name. If the bank has more than 1 entry it is impossible to tell which is correct as they dont really relate to anything real. They are how quicken interpreted the names that the bank used internally and supplied them. You just have to try them all.

also check the account and/or routing number

close the box close quicken reboot the computer

open quicken

go to tools / account list

edit account details

under online services tab

click set up one step update / web access

go through all of the prompts to enter they type of account the name of the bank etc

put in the user id and password XXXXX

that redoes the entire quicken connection which seems to work a lot better then just playing with the password

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have tried what you suggest several times. When activating One Step Update I am directed to link the appropriate accounts and once connection has been made, I receive a notice that the download has occurred. However, when I subsequently try to update thru One Step Update, I still get the same error message, CC-501, and the accounts do not indicate any update, but show a red "!".

If you recall, this is what I told you before you responded.

I prefer to be able to talk with someone, rather than typing. Please provide a number I can call.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

When can I expect a reply, to my reply?

Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

I am not allowed to call you.

what exactly does it say about linking accounts ? That is not standard quicken.

moreover the download occurring would happen in the one step update not ask you to do it afterwards.

So something is not being done properly

what version of quicken are you using ?

then do all those steps again and at each point tell me EXACTLY WORD FOR WORD what message you get please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Your response did nothing to provide new information to the problem I cited. I am not willing to pay anything for this service.

Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

I will be happy to work with you if you provide me with the information that I asked for. The instructions that I gave you have worked for hundreds of people. You need to give me more information so I can figure out what is wrong with the setup that you are using.

If you are unable or unwilling to do so than you are right I can not help you. You may get a refund by emailing support@justanswer.com Perhaps somebody that goes to your house can do it for you as they can see the things that I can not see. They will charge a lot more.

Or you can answer my questions and let me help you

So something is not being done properly

what version of quicken are you using ?

then do all those steps again and at each point tell me EXACTLY WORD FOR WORD what message you get please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

How do I identify this communication with you when I send the email to XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX?

Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

You are unwilling to work with me. Unwilling to provide any information at all.

I am opting out of the question somebody else can work with you.