Richard, Financial Specialist
Experience:  IT professional, resolving issues with financial programs.
32989067

i downloaded qw04dolx wont install

i downloaded qw04dolx won't install
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

What is the error message you receive when you try to install it?

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

this is a download from intuit for quicken. i have files created with quicken

99 and i purchased quicken 2013. the files are incompatible and need to be converted by an intermediate quicken version (quicken 2004). i downloaded a free version from their web site. when i try to install it says it can't find a file on disk one. the download is one file and can't be opened. when i called intuit because my files wouldn't work they said it was caused by a virus and they could fix it for $200. they lied

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks William

first, I want to make sure your downloading the right version

Can you download it and try to install from my link below please.

http://tinyurl.com/d2ymafv

Let me know please if you can get this to install.

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i am downloading - its slow and will take an hour. my web site info is the same as yours. when it finishes downloading i will try to install. but everything looks the same

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, I just want to start the troubleshooting from here, by making sure we have the right program.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

download failed. tried to instal my copy. error mesage setup could not find a file on the specified path or disk. (quicken2004.msi) then error 1706 no source for quicken. consult windows instaler help msi.chm or msdn.

sorry

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, if the download failed, you would not be able to install it.

When it failed while you were downloading it, what was the error?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

unknown network error just crashed

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, you need to download the file first before installing it.

Which version of windows are you running?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

windows 7 on a samsung laptop

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you,

I want to remove any corruption before having you try to download it again.

ok, than do the following please

Download CC Cleaner (free) from here

CC Cleaner

(Click Download Latest Version on the top right)

Run it and let it scan and repair your registry.

Once done, restart the computer

Than

Click Start, All Programs, Accessories, right click on Command Prompt and select Run As Administrator.

A black window will open.

Type in it

sfc /scannow

press enter and when it has completed, type in

chkdsk /f

Press enter.

It will give a message "the type of the file system is NTFS cannot lock current drive.
chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts y/n" Say Y, press enter and restart the computer.

Than Please do the following in Internet Explorer

Click Tools (the gear wheel top right) than Internet Options

Click on the General Tab and Delete all Temporary Internet Files.

Than click the Advance Tab and click Reset

Then click Start, type in

%temp%

Press enter and delete all files and folders listed there.

Once done, restart the computer and try to download it again.

Let me know the results please

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

tried to reinstal quicken 04. got a message from windows installer this time. after checking help for answers i concluded quicken 04 does not behave well when running in windows 7. i installed quicken 04 on a vista computer it installed correctly. i converted all my 99 files to 04 files then i copied those files to my windows 7 computer. i converted them to 2013 files. sofar they seem ok. need to do more checking. talk to you later.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, it will work with Windows 7, so there are other problems on the actual computer.

But let me know how you go please William.

Thank you
Richard, Financial Specialist
Experience: IT professional, resolving issues with financial programs.