Richard, Financial Specialist
Experience:  IT professional, resolving issues with financial programs.

I have to create a QB report that has a list of all the customer

I have to create a QB report that has a list of all the customer jobs that are done and 1 vendor that is associated with each job. How do I create the report.
Thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

You can creat this by navigating to the Unbilled Costs by Job report:

Reports > Jobs, Time, & Mileage > Unbilled Costs by Job

Modify it by clicking the Modify Report button and removed the Memo column by unselecting it in the Columns box.

Add the Paid column by selecting it in the Columns box.

Then click the Filters tab and changed the Billing Status from Unbilled to Any.

Last, Change the name of the report by clicking the Header/Footer tab and changing the name from Unbilled Costs by Job to Vendor Costs by Job.

The Type shows as "Bill." This means a bill from your supplier.

The Source Name is XXXXX XXXXX name. Billing Status indicates if it's been invoiced to your customer. The Paid Status indicates if the vendor bill has been paid by you.

If you have any difficulties at all, please do not hesitate to let me know so I can assist you further

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is there a way to modify this report so that it only shows one vendor at a time? For example, I would like to see all of the payments made to a particular vendor and what job that payment is associated with. The report that is created when following the above steps shows me all payments associated with each job.

You will need to Filter the report.

In the report, click on the "Modify Report" button in the upper left section of the window.

In the "Modify Report" window, click on the "Filters" tab.

You can then filter on a particular Vendor.

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It does not give the option to pull up the vendor. This is what we need and it does not seem to work when you have a customer and a vendor in the same report. We need to pull up all the customers for the year and the next column will have one vendor who worked on that customer.....we can do a job summary report, but that will pull up all the vendors when we try to filter it to just one, the report is blank for it will not pull up all the customers and just 1 vendor associated with the jobs.. Make sense...we almost want to create a special report listing all the customer jobs and the one vendor that worked on the job. Help

The only way would be via my last instructions.

But when you pulled up the filter, you could not filter on Vendor or Supplier?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No....the problem is it would get rid of the does not like to have a customer and 1 vendor in a report........

ok, this is as far as you would get it Deenie, Quickbooks is not a strong reporting tool.

If we export the data in Excel, you can view it this way

Would this work?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We were trying to avoid that...but the client will have no choice...Thanks anyway, I know you tried.

Your welcome, and this is really the only way to go for more complex reporting Deenie.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you