Richard, Financial Specialist
Experience:  IT professional, resolving issues with financial programs.
32989067

3) In Quicken 2013, sometimes when I reconcile an account,

3) In Quicken 2013, sometimes when I reconcile an account, the previous balance will be different from what it was when I reconciled it before: not sure why, probably some stray item got posted to a date before the previous close.
is there a way to avoid this?
this probably leads to the question of, can I freeze data so that this does not happen, or if there’s a change to a previous reconciled month, it’s noted in some way to show what the cause is.
Thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

The issue will be an item being posted to a date before the close, this is the only way you would get this inconsistancy

To freeze it though, you would need to make a backup (File, Backup, Backup)

this effectively creates a snapshot of the data which you can restore at any time if you need to go back to it.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your answer - I was hoping for a more industrial-strength process than the old-fashioned backup approach. But at lease I know there no other way.

Thanks again, Ted

Sorry, there is no way to freeze the data outside of this,

You wont find this functionality in any mid level Financial package

If you need anything else, please let me know.

Thank you