Ask QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA PHR Your Ow...
QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA PHR
QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA PHR, Management Consultant, QuickBooks ProAdvisor, MBA, PHR
Experience:  QuickBooks Pro, POS Point of Sale, Online & Enterprise Solutions
74417861

My hard drive went down and someone was able to retrieve it

My hard drive went down and someone was able to retrieve it I wanted the Quick Books file. He returned it t me but the tail codes are UTC file how can I put this on my Quick Books system

QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA :

HI, I

QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA :

I am not familiar with a UTC file. The QuickBooks file you will need to recover from your old hard drive will be a .QBW or .QBB These are the file formats for your QB Company file & for any BackUps you may have saved.

Customer:

Thanks. The only problem is the flash drive he copied it to only has UTC file extension.

QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA :

UCT files are not capable of restoring your QuickBooks data. There are some files within the QB software that have this extension, but they do not hold your company settings, data entries, financial information.

Customer:

Would he have to go back into the hard drive and save as a .QBW or .QBB file? If that is even possible.

QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA :

If it is possible, you will need to go back to your PC tech & ask them to retrieve a .QBW or a .QBB file. You will be able to restore your company file from that.

QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA :

Yes if he can see your files he should be able to locate this. Even is the file has been corrupted, usually QB can restore your company file.

QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA :

Thank you for allowing me to assist you! I hope I have provided total 100% Excellent customer service in answering your question today. Thank you for taking the time to rate my service so that I may continue providing assistance on JustAnswer. Please come back to me for any future questions http://www.justanswer.com/finance/expert-foxbizsolutions/

QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA :

If you have any follow-up needs, please contact me. I am going to save this question now. It will continue to be available for your review or additional assistance after you complete your rating. Thanks Again!!!