Richard, Financial Specialist
Experience:  IT professional, resolving issues with financial programs.
32989067

This will be the third time I have asked this quesion: I have

Customer Question

This will be the third time I have asked this quesion: I have closed out my Chase Bank checking account and have opened a new Chase Bank Checking Acccount. When I try to access my new account in Quicken, the computer will not let me. How do I access it. One of your Lawers responded by going into my computer, but did nothing. I did provide my American Express credit card number.
Category: Financial Software
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: I still need help.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

I have been answering you on your initial question, but thats now closed, so will continue here. You kept making new ones, so keep to this one please.

What I needed to know is the version of Quicken Essentials you are running please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is the most recent, but I do not know the version.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Lloyd

You will need to add the new account to Quicken.

To do this, please do the following

Click on Accounts on the top left side of Quicken, then click on Add Accounts down at the bottom.

Choose the type of account you wish to add (such as Checking or Saving), then click Next.

Pick your financial institution by searching for it or by selecting it from the list below the search box.

Log into your bank by adding your user name and password. You can choose to have Quicken save your password if you'd like.

Click the Connect button to download your transactions into Quicken.
Once complete, you can either go directly into Quicken to see these transactions, or repeat the steps above to add more accounts, such as property or investing accounts.

If you have any difficulties at all, please do not hesitate to let me know so I can assist you further

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I followed your instructions. When I added a new Chase account, it brought me to the closed account.

Lloyd

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, first remove the old one Lloyd, then add the new one

To remove the old one

Select the Tools menu and select Account List. The Account List window opens.

Select the account for which you want to deactivate online services, and then click Edit. The Account Details window opens.

Click the Online Services tab.

Click Deactivate (Remove from One Step Update in older versions) next to the service you want to disable.

Click Yes to the message asking if you want to disable this service.

Click OK to the confirmation message. The Account Details window is refreshed, and the service is listed as Available.

Then add the new one

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I followed your instructions. The transactions downloaded were for the closed Chase Bank account, but not for the new account that is active. Your solution did not work.
Thank you for trying.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi Lloyd,

The transaction would only download to the old account, if you did not close it.

And if it was closed at the bank, you would not be able to download from it.

Are you sure you did my instructions to disable this old account, and add the new account?

As it would not download to the closed account if you did.

Let me know please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I followed your instructions. When I clicked the download button, the computer downloaded my closed bank account as well as all of my credit cards, I was unable to disable my closed Chase Bank account. Is there a possibility that I could talk to you on the phone? XXX-XXX-XXXX

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
We can't do it via the phone Lloyd.

But the bank account number you are adding is different to the closed one correct?

Let me know when your online and I will connect to your computer to see what is wrong.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am online now.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, can you wait 20 minutes and I log onto your computer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

When you tried to access my computer, an error message appeared on the screen

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I havent tried yet Lloyd

Go to www.joinme.com

Click START MEETING

It will download a program to your computer

Run the program by double clicking it, and it will give you a set of 9 numbers

Give me the numbers at the top of the screen (eg: 456-789-123) in your message to me here please

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Richard, a call from a Quicken agent is coming in in a few minutes. He claims to have a solution. I appreciate your good work; so I do not want to block you. I will contact you when I have the next problem.

Lloyd

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks Lloyd