Richard, Financial Specialist
Experience:  IT professional, resolving issues with financial programs.

I have an old version of MS money which is running but I cant

I have an old version of MS money which is running but I can't see anything.
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

When you say you do not see anything, can you provide more detail please?

Do you mean you start the program but the window is blank?

Or when you start it, nothing happens?

Thank you
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Yes, the window is blank when I start the program. If I press the icon again it says 'money is already running'. The icon has changed from the blue M to a white icon with dots.

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
Thanks Irene

Can you first restart the computer.

Then on the icon you click to start Money, right click it and select properties.

Click on the Compatability tab and choose Windows XP

Also at the bottom, put a check in Run As Administrator

Once done, click ok, then try to start it.

Let me know the results please

Thank you
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

If I have to restart my PC how do I get back to you if the info doesn't work

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
You can return to this webpage Irene and post a message like you just did.

Or check your emails, as there will be emails from me with a link back here.

Let me know how you go please.

Thank you
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Richard, have had no success with your suggestion.

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
ok, it is not compatable with Windows 7, but there are some tricks that can get it to work at times.

When you tried to install it, what exactly stopped you from doing this?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

My husband, who is not here at present, said the message was that the 2005 version of money was older than the version on my PC.

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
ok, I know this message.

You wont get Money runnng on your computer, it is not meant to work with Windows 7.

There is a trick to see if you can get it to work, but we did this and it is still failing.

Knowing the message confirms money will not run on this computer sorry Irene.

Money is not made anymore, but would you like me to advise on a similar and alternative program that will run on your computer?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Yes Please

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
Quicken 2013 will be perfect for what you require Irene.

It is meant for personal finance management and works perfectly with Windows 7.

Quicken Deluxe 2013 is the version you want and can be purchased here

Click Me To View

If you would like any additional information, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can please rate my service, that is greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Richard, Financial Specialist
Experience: IT professional, resolving issues with financial programs.