Ask QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA PHR Your Ow...
QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA PHR
QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA PHR, Management Consultant, QuickBooks ProAdvisor, MBA, PHR
Experience:  QuickBooks Pro, POS Point of Sale, Online & Enterprise Solutions
74417861

How do I enter a change in credit card number for downloading

How do I enter a change in credit card number for downloading from bank?

QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA :

Hi

QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA :

First you will need to disable the current download

Customer:

ok

QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA :

I do not need any account information, but which Credit Card Company are you using?

Customer:

ok

QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA :

This link is an Excellent step by step instruction to follow https://www.proongo.com/blog/questions-about-credit-cards-3-how-to-update-a-credit-card-in-quickbooks/

Customer:

Mastercard

Customer:

I'll give it a try

QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA :

It’s easy to update a credit card in QuickBooks!

Start from your Chart of Accounts (ctrl+A). Locate the credit card account associated with the lost card, and click on it! Click the ‘Accounts’ button on the bottom of the screen, then select ‘Edit Account.’

[IMAGE][SRC][/SRC][ALT][/ALT][WIDTH]163.46863468634686[/WIDTH][HEIGHT]100[/HEIGHT][STYLE][/STYLE][/IMAGE]

Tab over to ‘Online Services’ and then click the button next to “Deactivate All Online Services.” This will disconnect the account in QuickBooks from the online banking account.

Edit the account again (Accounts > Edit Account) and change the credit card account number to the new credit card number. In the description field, you should make note of the fact that you’ve changed the credit card number.

[IMAGE][SRC][/SRC][ALT][/ALT][WIDTH]131.89964157706092[/WIDTH][HEIGHT]100[/HEIGHT][STYLE][/STYLE][/IMAGE]

Then, you’ll have to connect the new card to online services. For information on connecting cards, check out our other blog post about how to download credit card transactions in QuickBooks. Losing a card or even having it stolen is stressful enough, but it’s painless to update a credit card in QuickBooks.

QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA :

It should work easily for you following the above steps. If I can be of any additional assistance to you, please continue to ask me questions. http://www.justanswer.com/finance/expert-foxbizsolutions/

QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA :

Thank you for using JustAnswer! Please take the time to rate my Customer Service as Excellent so that I may continue providing assistance via JustAnswer. I will ALWAYS continue to provide my assistance until you are 100% satisfied.

Customer:

One further; how do I retrieve the data from the previous update to the lost date?

If you are asking how do you download data for the time in between your last credit card data download & now, you have 2 options. One, if your Credit Card company will allow you to do so (though often this ability is lost immediately after reporting a card stolen) you can first download the data before changing the account info & setting up a new Online Banking connection.

It is likely you will be unable to download this data in between your loss. I have had this happen to clients a few times, and generally the data has to be manually entered if the credit card provider has already closed the card.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It asked if I wanted to link to the prior a/c? Yes. Worked perfectly All downloaded AND in balance.
Great! I'm so glad it was successful. Please come back for any future QB assistance. http://www.justanswer.com/finance/expert-foxbizsolutions/

Thanks for the Excellent & thanks for using JustAnswer!
Hi Preston.

If there is any additional assistance you need, please contact me for your QuickBooks Solutions needs.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you on JustAnswer! I hope I have provided you with 100% customer satisfaction by answering your post.

Thank you for taking the time to rate my service as Excellent!

Thank you!
Anna M. Fox, PHR MBA
QuickBooks Certified ProAdvisor
Fox HR Solutions