Richard, Financial Specialist
Experience:  IT professional, resolving issues with financial programs.

when I tried to send bill paymernts I got an error message

when I tried to send bill paymernts I got an error message saying something about not being enabled - what do I do? It worked last month when I paid my bills
HELP!!!
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for your Question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me please which version and software you are using?

Thank you
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

quicken 2013 deluxe I don't know what software -- can you help me to answer this?

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
Thats ok, it is Quicken 2013

And is this on a Mac or Windows?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

windows

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
thank you

And exactly what are you doing to send the payments? What steps do you take?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

first I click on tools; then click on online center; then I click on payees;;

next I enter amount I am paying; I then repeat for each bill that I am paying;
Finally I click on update- send. I enter my passwork in password XXXXX then click on update now'

Hope this makes sense to you!

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
Perfect sense!

Last question, are you using Quicken Bill Pay or doing this via your bank?

Thank you
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I think I'm doing it via quicken bill pay - I say think, because my bank is Wells Fargo and it shows up during the process.

I'm sorry to sound so stupid, but I guess I am

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
Your not! it is a complicated program

But, choose the Tools menu then select Account List. Click Edit next to your account, then choose the Online tab at the top.

What is listed there and then we know.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

ok.l when I got to the online the automatic entry was checked "off"

I went in and changed it to "on"

I just tried to "update now". when I initially tried to update, it showed each payment on the register - but the error message accompanied it

Am I good to go now?

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
ok, it was off, so if it is on, you should now be good to go

Test and Let me know the results please

Thank you
Richard, Financial Specialist
Experience: IT professional, resolving issues with financial programs.