Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

Regarding Quickbooks Premier 2010, my former

Customer Question

Regarding Quickbooks Premier 2010, my former bookkeeper would occassionaly pay a vendor with "Check" to get them paid quickly with an "even" amount like $1,500.00. This did not precisely cover/pay any particular invoices nor can I see anything about invoices when I right click on "Edit Transaction"; I only see that "Cost of Goods Sold--Package Delivery" in the details of the transaction. This approach has left my company with several "unpaid invoices" from the package delivery company and our Quickbooks shows a falsely-high balance owed to the relevant vendor. When the bookkeeper was making payments the way I like, she would use "Bill Pmt--Check" and there I can see what invoices were precisely paid. What Quickbooks entries would I need to make to fix this problem? You can reach me [email protected] [email protected] or XXX-XXX-XXXX. Sincerely, XXXXX XXXXX

Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Robert M. replied 3 years ago.

Robert M. :

what you would have to do is turn those checks into credit memos. Then you can open each invoice and pay it against the credit memo

Expert:  Robert M. replied 3 years ago.

when you go to pay an individual invoice it will give the option of using the credit memo.

alternatively you could switch the vender from invoiced to balance forward and quickbooks will automatically keep a running total and raise and lower it as you make payments. But if the vender is running on invoice method rather than statements its better if you match and use the credit memo thing above so that you agree on which invoices were paid