Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.

when i try to open a program other than quickbooks this quick

Customer Question

when i try to open a program other than quickbooks this quick books popsup infront of the program i want to get to the popup is please run setup .exe to install quickbooks but i already have it installed and running ive done 6 months of banking for 3 different bank accounts and the have all been renconciled how do i get this pop up to stop it makes my other program disappear into space somewhere and i can never find irt to use it for our business and i need to get to it pronto thank you
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Robert M. replied 3 years ago.

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your financial software question.

quickbooks should allow you to use the same license number with no problem.

Try doing a clean install where you delete all traces of the program ( but not the data ) as below. If that does not work please don't give me a bad rating but instead let me know exactly where you ran into a problem or the exact message on the pop up if it comes back. I think the clean install has a better than 50% chance of fixing it if you use the utility and instructions in the link below. But if it doesn't I will be happy to help you further tomorrow

try doing a clean install with the instructions on this page. It should not effect your data but i always recomend making sure that you have a good back up and / or a copy of your data file ( it ends .qbw ) in a safe place such as a flash drive or another folder.

It requires that you have a copy of the quickbooks install cd or download. If you downloaded from intuit you can get another copy free.

If you purchased from Intuit directly you can download again for 3 years.

For quickbooks go to

click on cart orders downloads

sign in with your intuit id and password. ( usually your email address is the id )

click on downloads and unlocks

That should give you a list of any intuit product that you purchased online within the last 3 years with a download button.

This page has complete instructions for the uninstall and reinstall INCLUDING a clean install utility that you want to download and run.