Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.

Attempts to install Quicken deluxe or premier results in the

Customer Question

Attempts to install Quicken deluxe or premier results in the following message:

"The install wizard attempted to uninstall the previous version of qauicken on your machine but failed".

I have not had Quicken on this computert.
[email protected]
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Robert M. replied 3 years ago.

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your financial software question.

well it apparently thinks that you did. If the first install failed for another reason it may be that install that it is trying to undo. Or it might be something else entirely

Try this first. Right click on the install file and select RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR rather than just double clicking on it.

If that does not work try these instructions. If that does not work please let me know what operating system you are using and I can get a better idea of what might be causing it.

reinstall the quicken program

Use the following page for instructions and utilities to insure that you get a clean install.

It should not effect your data but i always recomend making sure that you have a good backup file and even a copy of your data file someplace safe like a flash drive or another folder.

You will need a copy of your original installation cd or download.

If you purchased from Intuit directly you can download again for 3 years.

go to

click sign in on the top / manage account

sign in with the email address and password XXXXX you used when you purchased it

click on downloads and unlocks

That should give you a list of any intuit product that you purchased online within the last 3 years with a download button.