Richard, Financial Specialist
Experience:  IT professional, resolving issues with financial programs.

2009 Personal Finances Quicken Rental Property Manager Asking

2009 Personal Finances Quicken Rental Property Manager Asking For Password XXXXX File: QDATA.QDF When I Never Applied A Password XXXXX Program. What Can I Do To Open Program?
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for your Question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX X look forward to assisting you.

This usually indicates a corrupted Data file if you did not set a password.

Can you restore your last backup and tell me please if you can open this?

Thank you
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

How do I restore my last backup?

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
ok, do you recall making a backup? Where did you save it?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I tried opening the backup file and I get the same password XXXXX

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
How did you try to open it Sergio?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I right clicked and opened. I was able to open a separate backup file that was backed up on an external drive 2 months ago. But I can't open the current file without getting the password XXXXX

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
ok, can you attempt this as we will try to repair the current data file.

In Quicken, click Click on the "File" button in Quicken.

Hover over the "File Operations" option.

Click "Validate" in the window that appears.

Click "OK" at the prompt and choose your current data file.

Once it has completed, try to open it and tell me please if you still get prompted for the password XXXXX

Thank you

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I receive the following prompts:

Quicken is unable to open the data file F:\Quicken\QDF

This date file is protected with a password. Choose File menu > Open to open the date file, enter the password, and then choose File menu > File Operations > Validate again

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
ok, then it is either been set with a password, or it is not repairable.

you need to find the latest backup that opens and use this sorry.

it is the only way to get your data back.

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Richard, Financial Specialist
Experience: IT professional, resolving issues with financial programs.